Lisa De Vanna broke her leg in a nasty collision with the Chinese goalkeeper, part way through last night’s qualifier for the Asian Cup. Australia will still make the semis but we’ve lost our best striker. As Tony Tannous at the Roar said,
“The team appears to have evolved since the sensational effort at the 2007 World Cup. The stars though remain the left footed trio of De Vanna, Garriock and McCallum.
The latter pulls the strings from her deep-lying central midfield spot, Garriock adds the drive and quality on the ball from the left side of central midfield, while De Vanna is simply dynamite, blessed with incredible pace and wonderful ability on the ball.
She is the Harry Kewell of the women’s game, minus the injuries. Fingers crossed Kewell can emulate De Vanna’s performance come June 13.”
Best wishes for Lisa’s recovery and eventual return to the game.
What’s inside the box?
- We're celebrating National Robotics Week with the first AMAZING ROBOT TRIVIA NIGHT! ow.ly/R6eg30j47Cb... 2 days ago
- "Move fast and break things" is not how to build hardware/robotics startups. Physical things have a real impact in… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…... 3 days ago
- Early Bird discount tix for @MakerFaire are available until midnight this Sunday. Don't wait get them now!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…... 6 days ago
- RT @slosee: Another thing you gotta love about #SXSW is total badasses like @RobotLaunch of @svrobo, who says that most jobs #robots are ta…... 1 week ago
- RT @JanineWegner: It’s going to be an ambient technology... robots and AI will augment with human intelligence. 🙌 @RobotLaunch #DellExperie…... 1 week ago
all up1 SWORD 2 SWORDS 3 SWORDS 4 SWORDS 5 SWORDS Aesthetics AI Anarchy art being awesome Children Creativity Culture cyborgs dreamy Embodiment Family Fashion Feminism Fighting Football fun geek kids fun stuff robots Geek Stuff gender Grrr Grumpy hands off our internet unless you bring fatter pipes history technology gender research Human-Robot Relations Ideas just think about it just thinking about stuff is underated in the technology industry making stuff Me Motherhood Music Newtown no damn idea Non-humans Philosophy pop culture Punk really? robot fun Robots Science SciFi Sex sexy ideas funny Sport state i'm in Stupidity Surfing Suzuki Sword Awards Tae Kwondo Technology tech porn Telling It Like It Is Thinking Twitter Unfinished Violin weird shit i think of Whatever what were you thinking with added awesome Women in Tech Women Warriors wondering Writing wtf? yay kids! Zeitgeist