Recently in residence at Campbelltown Arts Centre with Paul Gazzola in ‘Teaching a New Dog Old Tricks’, Paul Granjon’s work challenges pervasive human robot interaction memes in an amusing fashion. The RobotCultures Symposium at University of Sydney showcased some works such as ‘The Sexed Robots’.
Paul Granjon’s homemade constructions and robots reflect his interest in what he calls the ‘co-evolution of humans and machines’. Granjon (b. France, lives and and works in the UK) regularly presents installations, videos and performances internationally and in 2005 he represented Wales in the Venice Biennale.
Hand Made Machines
In December 2007 Paul Granjon completed a 3-year NESTA Fellowship with the publication of a book / DVD that presents a comprehensive selection of work developed since 1996.
The book includes many preparatory drawings and colour photographs providing a comprehensive insight in the development of machines such as The Cybernetic Parrot Sausage, Furman the kicking robot, The Robotic Tail and Ears and The Sexed Robots among others.
The publication is framed by two short essays by Anthony Howell and Paul Granjon. The accompanying DVD contains one hour of video including several short films, documentation footage of installations and performances as well as rare archive material.
44 pages, hard cover, 13 x 19cm, colour, English
Includes a DVD video, all regions, PAL.
ISBN number 978-0-9541810-5-5
published by Z Productions and G39, December 2007
What’s inside the box?
- RT @RobotLaunch: svrobo: RT MontaudPro: CoboteamRA Thesame74 BREAKING NEWS : The global meta custer of robotics borned on november 16th wit…... 6 days ago
- RT @P_MONASSIER: Daegu Global Robot Business Forum 2017 - S. Korea. A wonderful week, friendly event with @CoboteamRA (France) @svrobo @Ma…... 6 days ago
- RT @MontaudPro: Happy to share with Andra Keay ( @RobotLaunch ) this photo with Furo robot. USA, S. Korea and France together for the succ…... 6 days ago
- RT @suekeay: Last night Brisbane lit up for the YES vote @DrScienceLover linkedin.com/feed/update/ur…... 6 days ago
- RT @MontaudPro: Inspiring vision by Andra @RobotLaunch on the future and the challenges for startup in the robotic field. @svrobo https://t…... 6 days ago
all up1 SWORD 2 SWORDS 3 SWORDS 4 SWORDS 5 SWORDS Aesthetics AI Anarchy art being awesome Children Creativity Culture cyborgs dreamy Embodiment Family Fashion Feminism Fighting Football fun geek kids fun stuff robots Geek Stuff gender Grrr Grumpy hands off our internet unless you bring fatter pipes history technology gender research Human-Robot Relations Ideas just think about it just thinking about stuff is underated in the technology industry making stuff Me Motherhood Music Newtown no damn idea Non-humans Philosophy pop culture Punk really? robot fun Robots Science SciFi Sex sexy ideas funny Sport state i'm in Stupidity Surfing Suzuki Sword Awards Tae Kwondo Technology tech porn Telling It Like It Is Thinking Twitter Unfinished Violin weird shit i think of Whatever what were you thinking with added awesome Women in Tech Women Warriors wondering Writing wtf? yay kids! Zeitgeist