It strikes me that this is a very cyborg/robot kind of story. Our automated lives continue after death. Who has the power to turn off your systems? What impact will your proxies and extensions have on the lives of other people. There are a growing number of online executor businesses like legacy locker (tech crunch article about). The focus is largely on social sites, photos and emails, as described in the Time.com special “Tools for Managing Your Online Life after Death” . This doesn’t take into account the trend towards independent single operator online businesses or even small startups. How do you shut turn the shopping cart off? What other cloud based services don’t die?
Hundreds of Kiwis have been left out of pocket because an import company continued trading after the only man at its reins died.
Tech Brands Pacific’s sole shareholder and director, Brian Isaksson, died on November 4, leaving no-one in charge of the business.
The company continued to sell technology products such as iPhones and iPads on sites like pricespy.co.nz. People were buying through the shopping cart function on the website until a week ago.
What’s inside the box?
- RT @RobotLaunch: svrobo: RT diplocourier: The future is not a comfortable place where we are waited upon by robot slaves. Robots are showin…... 1 day ago
- RT @diplocourier: Jobs with the highest labor vacancies is where robots are currently going to fill work. - Andra Keay (@RobotLaunch) of @s…... 1 day ago
- RT @RobotLaunch: svrobo: RT diplocourier: Robots will be able to increase agricultural output through precision agriculture, rather than lo…... 1 day ago
- RT @utzenstorf: 'What is 'work' in the future?' And 'Can we turn games into work?' Reflect on utopian fantasies. See More's Utopia publishe…... 1 day ago
- RT @RobotLaunch: svrobo: RT diplocourier: Why are service robots given female names, while heavy lifting robots are given male names? Taps…... 1 day ago
all up1 SWORD 2 SWORDS 3 SWORDS 4 SWORDS 5 SWORDS Aesthetics AI Anarchy art being awesome Children Creativity Culture cyborgs dreamy Embodiment Family Fashion Feminism Fighting Football fun geek kids fun stuff robots Geek Stuff gender Grrr Grumpy hands off our internet unless you bring fatter pipes history technology gender research Human-Robot Relations Ideas just think about it just thinking about stuff is underated in the technology industry making stuff Me Motherhood Music Newtown no damn idea Non-humans Philosophy pop culture Punk really? robot fun Robots Science SciFi Sex sexy ideas funny Sport state i'm in Stupidity Surfing Suzuki Sword Awards Tae Kwondo Technology tech porn Telling It Like It Is Thinking Twitter Unfinished Violin weird shit i think of Whatever what were you thinking with added awesome Women in Tech Women Warriors wondering Writing wtf? yay kids! Zeitgeist