Fascinating experiment underway! In November 2011, Liquid Robotics launched four Wave Gliders – unmanned marine vehicles – in an attempt to autonomously travel the Pacific Ocean. On the way the Wave Gliders are sending a stream of openly available data on position, salinity, water temperature, waves, weather, fluorescence, and dissolved oxygen. And of course, the most interesting data. Is it possible to autonomously navigate the ocean.
Well, yes. The Gliders have just arrived at Hawaii, based on the March 7 post, including the one that lost communication. The only one in difficulty has lost rudder control but is nearby and communicating. I think a ride is heading its way.
What’s inside the box?
- Robots in the wild and robotics research robotstate.wordpress.com/2019/03/11/rob…... 6 days ago
- #IWD2019 So many great pics and stories of #WomeninRobotics online today ! See @svrobo and @Robohub Happy Internati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 1 week ago
- RT @CarlStrathearn: Women in robotics on International Women’s Day 2019 @svrobo via @Robohub robohub.org/women-in-robot… (06.03.19) https://t.c…... 1 week ago
- RT @HillaryClinton: Women aren't "bossy." We're the boss. Words matter, and being aware of gender bias in the way we relate to each other c…... 1 week ago
- RT @svrobo: Happy International Women's Day everyone! Here's how the roboticists roll! ow.ly/F7Ov30nY23Y https://t.co/Z60eF5EMH3... 1 week ago
all up1 SWORD 2 SWORDS 3 SWORDS 4 SWORDS 5 SWORDS Aesthetics AI Anarchy art being awesome Children Creativity Culture cyborgs dreamy Embodiment Family Fashion Feminism Fighting Football fun geek kids fun stuff robots Geek Stuff gender Grrr Grumpy hands off our internet unless you bring fatter pipes history technology gender research Human-Robot Relations Ideas just think about it just thinking about stuff is underated in the technology industry making stuff Me Motherhood Music Newtown no damn idea Non-humans Philosophy pop culture Punk really? robot fun Robots Science SciFi Sex sexy ideas funny Sport state i'm in Stupidity Surfing Suzuki Sword Awards Tae Kwondo Technology tech porn Telling It Like It Is Thinking Twitter Unfinished Violin weird shit i think of Whatever what were you thinking with added awesome Women in Tech Women Warriors wondering Writing wtf? yay kids! Zeitgeist