Fascinating experiment underway! In November 2011, Liquid Robotics launched four Wave Gliders – unmanned marine vehicles – in an attempt to autonomously travel the Pacific Ocean. On the way the Wave Gliders are sending a stream of openly available data on position, salinity, water temperature, waves, weather, fluorescence, and dissolved oxygen. And of course, the most interesting data. Is it possible to autonomously navigate the ocean.
Well, yes. The Gliders have just arrived at Hawaii, based on the March 7 post, including the one that lost communication. The only one in difficulty has lost rudder control but is nearby and communicating. I think a ride is heading its way.
What’s inside the box?
- RT @RobotLaunch: Thomas Low - new Director of Robotics at @SRI_Intl - talking robot manipulation and deployments #RiseoftheRobots #NEDO …... 2 weeks ago
- RT @svrobo: We can squeeze a couple more in tho!! twitter.com/kevinkrejci/st…... 2 weeks ago
- RT @RobotLaunch: svrobo: RT SRI_Intl: Manish Kothari, President of SRI International welcomes audiences to the NEDO - Silicon Valley Robot…... 2 weeks ago
- RT @svrobo: Steve Cousins Ceo Willow Garage & Savioke and Henry Evans founder Robots for Humanity on stage at #RiseOfTheRobots today @SRI_I…... 2 weeks ago
- RT @HillaryClinton: We are at a fork in the road for reproductive rights in America. There has never been a more important moment to reco…... 2 weeks ago
all up1 SWORD 2 SWORDS 3 SWORDS 4 SWORDS 5 SWORDS Aesthetics AI Anarchy art being awesome Children Creativity Culture cyborgs dreamy Embodiment Family Fashion Feminism Fighting Football fun geek kids fun stuff robots Geek Stuff gender Grrr Grumpy hands off our internet unless you bring fatter pipes history technology gender research Human-Robot Relations Ideas just think about it just thinking about stuff is underated in the technology industry making stuff Me Motherhood Music Newtown no damn idea Non-humans Philosophy pop culture Punk really? robot fun Robots Science SciFi Sex sexy ideas funny Sport state i'm in Stupidity Surfing Suzuki Sword Awards Tae Kwondo Technology tech porn Telling It Like It Is Thinking Twitter Unfinished Violin weird shit i think of Whatever what were you thinking with added awesome Women in Tech Women Warriors wondering Writing wtf? yay kids! Zeitgeist