Fascinating experiment underway! In November 2011, Liquid Robotics launched four Wave Gliders – unmanned marine vehicles – in an attempt to autonomously travel the Pacific Ocean. On the way the Wave Gliders are sending a stream of openly available data on position, salinity, water temperature, waves, weather, fluorescence, and dissolved oxygen. And of course, the most interesting data. Is it possible to autonomously navigate the ocean.
Well, yes. The Gliders have just arrived at Hawaii, based on the March 7 post, including the one that lost communication. The only one in difficulty has lost rudder control but is nearby and communicating. I think a ride is heading its way.
What’s inside the box?
- RT @timreha: Live @circuitlaunch w/ @RobotLaunch Gil Lund @lundfives discussing realtime robotics, metrology and the future #Robotics #AI #…... 2 days ago
- RT @scalzi: The holiday season is a great time to remind you to support your favorite authors, artists, musicians and other creators with *…... 2 days ago
- RT @RobotLaunch: At #cdl Toronto talking #space startups - want to share the fun? 2 days left to back Downlink the game of planetary explor…... 2 days ago
- RT @TheRealBuzz: I feel we need to remind the world about the Apollo missions and that we can still do what seems to be the impossible. #ap…... 2 days ago
- See you tonight! AURIS Health showcase for Women In Robotics Dec 4 6pm #womeninrobotics #healthtech #robots… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 1 week ago
all up1 SWORD 2 SWORDS 3 SWORDS 4 SWORDS 5 SWORDS Aesthetics AI Anarchy art being awesome Children Creativity Culture cyborgs dreamy Embodiment Family Fashion Feminism Fighting Football fun geek kids fun stuff robots Geek Stuff gender Grrr Grumpy hands off our internet unless you bring fatter pipes history technology gender research Human-Robot Relations Ideas just think about it just thinking about stuff is underated in the technology industry making stuff Me Motherhood Music Newtown no damn idea Non-humans Philosophy pop culture Punk really? robot fun Robots Science SciFi Sex sexy ideas funny Sport state i'm in Stupidity Surfing Suzuki Sword Awards Tae Kwondo Technology tech porn Telling It Like It Is Thinking Twitter Unfinished Violin weird shit i think of Whatever what were you thinking with added awesome Women in Tech Women Warriors wondering Writing wtf? yay kids! Zeitgeist