It strikes me that this is a very cyborg/robot kind of story. Our automated lives continue after death. Who has the power to turn off your systems? What impact will your proxies and extensions have on the lives of other people. There are a growing number of online executor businesses like legacy locker (tech crunch article about). The focus is largely on social sites, photos and emails, as described in the Time.com special “Tools for Managing Your Online Life after Death” . This doesn’t take into account the trend towards independent single operator online businesses or even small startups. How do you shut turn the shopping cart off? What other cloud based services don’t die?
Hundreds of Kiwis have been left out of pocket because an import company continued trading after the only man at its reins died.
Tech Brands Pacific’s sole shareholder and director, Brian Isaksson, died on November 4, leaving no-one in charge of the business.
The company continued to sell technology products such as iPhones and iPads on sites like pricespy.co.nz. People were buying through the shopping cart function on the website until a week ago.
What’s inside the box?
- Here's a great initiative - women funding women's ventures :) now open in Australia! ow.ly/CsML30l29Rl... 3 days ago
- Today is Prime Day! Amazon donates to Robot Garden, my favorite hackerspace, when you shop Prime Day deals at smile.amazon.com/ch/46-1390546.... 6 days ago
- RT @laurielinz: I told you that you want to build this robot arm! #womeninrobotics #robots #letsbuildrobots #womenintech #WomenInSTEM #Wome…... 1 week ago
- @laurielinz @Meetup That's great! Do you want to run it in Silicon Valley?... 2 weeks ago
- @mortontomster Heh. Fresh legs! (Said in China watching Budweiser ads in half time of the Swiss/Sweden game of Russ… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 2 weeks ago
all up1 SWORD 2 SWORDS 3 SWORDS 4 SWORDS 5 SWORDS Aesthetics AI Anarchy art being awesome Children Creativity Culture cyborgs dreamy Embodiment Family Fashion Feminism Fighting Football fun geek kids fun stuff robots Geek Stuff gender Grrr Grumpy hands off our internet unless you bring fatter pipes history technology gender research Human-Robot Relations Ideas just think about it just thinking about stuff is underated in the technology industry making stuff Me Motherhood Music Newtown no damn idea Non-humans Philosophy pop culture Punk really? robot fun Robots Science SciFi Sex sexy ideas funny Sport state i'm in Stupidity Surfing Suzuki Sword Awards Tae Kwondo Technology tech porn Telling It Like It Is Thinking Twitter Unfinished Violin weird shit i think of Whatever what were you thinking with added awesome Women in Tech Women Warriors wondering Writing wtf? yay kids! Zeitgeist